One book that changed your life.
Several books have had an impact on my life. At the moment two have been pretty much destroying my view of the world.
1. The Kin/dom of G-d is Within You: Leo Tolstoy- A radical challenge to non-violence. It is what transformed Gandhi’s life and almost converted him to Christianity.
2. G-d and Empire: John Crossan- A book that all American followers of Christ should read. It is challenging, convicting and transforming.
3. Anything by Wendell Berry.
4. Letters and Papers from Prison: Dietrich Bonhoeffer
5. Dynamics of Faith: Paul Tillich
One book you have read more then once.
1. A Walk in the Woods: Thoreau.
2. Civil Disobedience: Thoreau
Both very powerful books.
One Book you’d want on a deserted island
Two Books that made you Laugh
1. A Walk in the Woods: Bill Bryson. I have not finished it yet but I never believed that a book could make one laugh so hard.
2. I Know This Much is True: Wally Lamb. Laugh, Cry, Laugh, Cry. Powerful.
One Book that Made You Cry
1. Christians Should not be able to participate in War because the faith is founded on a radical call to non-violence and politicians do not have the answers to the worlds problem, rather the answers can be found within each and every one of us. By, John Williams. Edited by, The Political Prisoners being detained by the American Empire.
1. Almost anything that can be found in Praises book store.